Click here to learn more about our Donors and Sponsors. For more information about our current campaigns, please contact us at Donations@ronclarkacademy.com. Visit our Donations Page for a list of ways you can support the Academy.
TEACHERS VENT!
 Message Forum : TEACHERS VENT!
Subject Topic: someone using a movie clip..... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
hardparaworker

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 18 August 2008 at 8:27pm | IP Logged Quote hardparaworker

hello everyone, mr. clark....

today i attended a professional developement back to school meeting.....one of the presenters used a five minute clip downloaded it looked from youtube, of the ron clark story.... to make a long story short, the clip was of mr. clark asking a student in the hallway to admit they cut in line on the way to the cafeteria....then the presenter wanted to staff to comment on the method used to correct the student's behavior...the reaction she was expecting from the staff was the teacher was too hard on the child, made her feel embarressed bad...etc, in front of the class.......i raised my hand and said no, mr. clark is a well respected awarded teacher, and has his on academy, the essential 55 is wonderful and used by many teachers throughout the country....so i agree with the method...i got no response from her......i heard whispers in the crowd "...essential 55, i have heard of that..."     so i was motivated to write to this site tonight to  let you know, i am no expert, but i agree and  a supporter of mr. clark's vision and his staffs accomplishments....kudos to all!!!  wish i worked there instead of this misguided school..............thankyou........

Back to Top View hardparaworker's Profile Search for other posts by hardparaworker

jayt11

Posted: 19 August 2008 at 9:15am | IP Logged Quote jayt11

AWESOME! I'm glad to hear that your response seems to have gotten people
talking. Ron wasn't being hard, he was teaching the girl to hone up to her
responsibilities as a citizen.

hardparaworker

Posted: 19 August 2008 at 5:34pm | IP Logged Quote hardparaworker

excatly.... our campus has alot of issues that have formed since new administration took over two years ago.....i have been at the campus over 7 years, and have seen it at its finest.....sadly, now at its lowest....i hope i can continue to touch lives and hopefully,the skills the children learn from me will make their marks has their educational lives continue up the grades.....

paraprofessionals dont do it for the pay, we do it for the love of the kids.....

thankyou for replying

Back to Top View hardparaworker's Profile Search for other posts by hardparaworker

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version